Whether looking to move house or carry out renovations on your office space, sometimes the clutter and stuff surrounding you can hinder and overwhelm the process. If this is the case, it may be time to think about hiring a specialist storage company to help you.
Putting your excess items into storage can be extremely beneficial. Regardless of whether you’re a homeowner or running a business, some of the best storage companies can accommodate both whilst providing comprehensive security too.
Some people think that self-storage means only storing a few cardboard boxes or old, bulky furniture, but the best storage companies can offer a lot more than just that. From an excess of clutter and a build-up of documentation to packaging and student storage, storage companies can offer various services and solutions to help.
So, what can the best storage companies offer you? At Apex Self Storage, we offer some answers and information regarding storage solutions. Read on to find out more.
One of the first things people think of when it comes to self-storage companies and what they do is domestic storage. Whether a family is looking to move home entirely or a house is in desperate need of a spruce up, storage for residential properties can help the process along.
Moving house is always a daunting and scary process, and having to adjust to a new city, arrange your possessions and think about finances can get a bit too much. Domestic storage can help ease the load, one item at a time. It might be that you don’t need certain items or areas of your old house for the time being. Storing already packed up items means you can sort through the rest of your space efficiently without having to worry about inessential bits and bobs like the family piano, garden equipment or the spare bed.
Alternatively, a storage company can also hold onto your items in case something goes slightly askew during the property buying process. For example, you could find yourself in-between houses or there could be a problem further along the chain. This could mean you’re stuck without a house for a few days with nowhere to put your packed up possessions. If you opt for a storage company, they’ll be able to keep your items safe and secure until you do need them again.
As well as moving home, it’s not uncommon for homeowners to carry out renovations. From a fresh kitchen to upgrading your kids’ rooms, remodelling and decorating is an exciting time. But what about bulky and awkward furniture that gets in the way? You could opt to move it all into a spare room for the time being, but some don’t have that luxury.
How much storage space will you need?
So, if you’re considering using a domestic storage service for moving house or renovations, here are some recommended guidelines as to how much space you might need:
- 1 bedroom house – 50-75 sq ft of space
- 2 bedroom house – 75-100 sq ft
- 3 bedroom house – 100-150 sq ft
- 4 bedroom house – 125-175 sq ft
- More bedroom require more storage space estimated 150 sq ft +
Whether you’re start-up business that needs to clear out a brick and mortar space, a business looking to move to a bigger office or a company planning to carry out office renovations, commercial storage helps businesses in so many ways.
Relocating your business or opening a new branch is an exciting but expensive venture, and renovating an office can mean you maintain a tidy and productive workspace. Similarly to domestic storage solutions above, a top storage company can offer a lot more than simply holding onto items.
A reliable self-storage company will be able to work around your business hours and busy schedule as well as offer affordable storage rates and options. Further down, we discuss the benefits of self-storage – but one of the most appealing advantages to businesses is the high-security that the best storage companies can offer, protecting the valuable business items that are essential to you. Remember to ask a storage company about how effective their security systems are.
Paperwork pile-ups are the stuff of clutter nightmares, and excess documentation can collect dust or cause you to lose a particularly important record. As well as storing large, bulky items, a reliable storage company can offer economical solutions for securing documents.
For example, at Apex Self Storage, we offer competitive and affordable rates based on the number of document boxes or folders you need to be stored. You don’t have to pay for an entire storage unit if you only have a few folders. Or, vice versa, if you have loads of boxes, you can pay for a whole room rather than individual boxes.
Benefits of using storage rental services
- Decluttering – true, this has already been mentioned, but never underestimate the power of decluttering a home or business. It can grant peace of mind, improve productivity and reduce anxiety levels. Before selling your property or carrying out renovations, you might want to consider decluttering your space to make it more appealing, so get in touch with your local storage company for help.
- Security – it may be that you’ve thought of a secure way to store your items around your home, whether it’s elaborate alarm systems or a complicated manual lock. But did you know, that the best storage companies have impressive and comprehensive 24-hour security? CCTV, alarm systems and secure locks are all systems that the best storage companies use to ensure all possessions are protected at all times.
- Access – a reputable storage company will have measures in place so that you can have 24-hour access to your storage at all times. This grants you the flexibility to deal with any eventuality from a sudden house move to a quick getaway – but hopefully, it won’t come to that!
- Clean and dry – as well as being secure, a storage company will also provide a clean and dry space. Any stock or homely possessions will be protected from wear and tear, damp, breakages and dust.
- Time constraints – some of the best storage companies are very flexible with how long you can keep your items with them, whether per week, month or, in some cases, annually.
- Student storage – if you’re a student who finds themselves in between moves during the summer holidays and currently having to sofa surf, you may have to look into potential storage options. At Apex Self Storage, we have a special offer for students in need of storage solutions, so give us a call today.
Apex Self Storage – Cost-effective storage facilities in Manchester
At Apex Self Storage, we provide high-quality, reliable and cost-effective storage solutions. Voted the Best Storage Container Finalist in 2018, our service and attention to detail means we are one of the best storage companies out there.
Operating in Manchester and the surrounding Shire counties of Cheshire and Derbyshire, we can help anyone with their storage needs. So, if you’re looking to move house or upgrade your office space, contact us today for advice and get a quote.